Windows Phone App Gets Minor Update

Luke

I know, I know, it's been a while since the app last got updated, I apologise for this. I also apologise that this is mostly a minor update too, but it's still quite an important one.

So what's changed? For the most part, this update is all about bringing the app up to speed with all the recent under the hood changes that have been going on with the Media Browser server, making sure it's ready for some future updates to the server itself.

That's not to say those are the only changes, there have been various bug fixes and enhancements done that will improve your browsing experience, as well as your streaming experience (no, not a change of bitrate, yet). A full list of which can be found here.

Now, I know this blog post is about the release just gone out, but I just wanted to take a moment to give an idea of the roadmap for the next release and what that will include. Basically: Server Playlists, Channels, ability to change the bitrate of videos, and a few other things.

In the meantime, the update (8.0.62.0) should be appearing in the store shortly.

NOTE: This update will require to sign back in again, the server details you had previously will be there, you just need to authenticate with the server again.

View the full article