Reinstalled Coverart issue

tmb4016
Go to solution Solved by tmb4016,

tmb4016

Hi all,

I've just had a clean install and as final stage added Coverart back in. It is not handling all my movies correctly though and I cannot find out why.

I have just the default profile with all library folders included.  I have several libraries - ie.3D Movies Blu-RAY and Movies. Whilst coverart is applying some enhancement to all items it is not applying the correct cover type to anything other than the main library Movies. This shows correctly the case type and the appropriate header type MPEG etc. However the other libraraies it only shows the enhanced case type and not the header. does show the overlays correctly.

I cannot find any messages in the server logs about why.

Any ideas ?

More than likely it is simply a configuration you had before that you don't have now.

What else is different about those other items?  For instance, are they something like ISOs that the server cannot know what type they are?

tmb4016

Hi ebr,

I have not managed to track anything consistent down. an mkv under movies folders shows fine and under 3D movies it does not. The option to use container is checked in the settings. Same is true on mp4 as well. The only ones that do show correctly in there are media stubs. I agree it is probably a config as the overlays for mediainfo show ok. I will keep looking. I am sure in the past the log files told me if a type was unknown and it was going to use default but not getting any messages like this in the log file now.

Edited by tmb4016

Make sure debug logging is turned on in the server and then cause one of these items to be processed by CA (by doing a full refresh from editor or something) and then post that log.  I might be able to spot a clue.

CoverArt was never called for that title.  Did you do a full advanced refresh replacing images?

Yeah, same thing.  Does that item have a generic CA treatment or no treatment at all?

tmb4016

Also noticed I cannot get 3D overlay to work when setting the 3D Format in the metadata. Only works if rename the actual file to include .hsbs for example. Not a major deal but different from previosu install with xml data over the nfo files. Even full refresh of item and library does not pick it up.

tmb4016

with regard to appaloosa - It is processed by coverart as it has rotation on dvd cover and shows overlays for mediainfo so I would say it has generic.

Change the rotation slightly and then bring up any screen that shows that image.  Then post the log.

tmb4016

Ok done that and same results but at least coverart was being called for the images as it regenerated them all. Log is quite large so had to zip.

The log looks funny for those images as it cannot identify the frame type to use but no sure why it cannot identify it correctly.

This did however fix the 3D overlay issue from the metadata as it has now regenerated. Not sure why a full refresh did not work for those items but sorted now on the overlays

server-63592732800.zip

Edited by tmb4016

Do you have spaces or some other invisible character entered into the "Treat Image As" field in the metadata editor?

• Solution
tmb4016

HI Ebr - That appears to be certainly some of the problem. I've tried a couple and yes there is a space and in some cases a CR or LF character. Not sure where it came from as the metadata is now under control of emby not 3 rd party but can fix it now I am aware of it. Will let you know if it fixes all instances but so far so good.

Thanks again.