Chromecast (v2), movie starts = black screen

TheSwede86

TheSwede86

Hi!

Emby is running on: Asustor AS5004T NAS (w. 8GB of RAM)

Version of Emby: Version 3.0.5781.2 (Latest for Asustor, no newer "app" is available on Asustor's AppStore)
Android version of the Emby-app: 2.3.80 (latest as per 2016-03-03)

Android version: 6.0.1 (Nexus 5)
Chromecast: V2 (1.17.48342)
Network: NAS is connected to a gigabit router via ethernet cable, CC is on an 802.11ac network

Hi!

Got a real frustrating problem when trying to use my Chromecast (v2):
If I start the Android-app (Emby) I can select my Chromecast, Emby then loads on my TV with the green logo and "Ready to cast".
I can also browse to a movie and see the info for that movie (coverart etc.) load on the TV.
When I click "Play" on the android app I see a small coverart on the left side of the TV, a "progressbar" and the movie title but then the movies does not start and my TV goes black.

On the other hand when I use my laptop and log into the Emby webinterface and use Emby's "own" Chromecast-button I can't find my Chromecast!
I can only find "My device" which I'm guessing is my phone or it might be the computer running Chrome and interfacing with Emby (which is installed on my NAS).

Using the Google addon in Chrome (Google Cast) I can instantly find my Chromecast. Also when I have initialized the Chromecast with Emby using my app on my phone I can then see my Chromecast under "Active Devices" but still not select it using Emby's "own" cast-button in Chrome.

Netflix & other apps on my phone works perfect with my CC

Will happily upload any logs you would need if you would tell me what logs you need.

Thankful for your assistance - TheSwede86

Edited by TheSwede86

Hi, are you sure your android app is only 2.3.80? the latest is up to 2.6 now.

• Like 1

TheSwede86

Hi!

Thanks for your reply.

Sorry, I went with what version was the latest in the apps "changelog", when I open Emby Server and look at " Active Devices" I see that it is "2.6.03".