Shows in 1440x900+ Format Not Playing

theniteow1

theniteow1

Hello,

I have encountered a weird issue, and I'm not sure where to start, but I have some shows that are in 1440x1080, and 1440x900 format. This is an HD 4:3 format.  Not a lot of shows are released in this format, but  because these shows (Cheers, Star Trek, etc.) were released in 4:3 format, and then later translated to Bluray.  Now when I play these shows on my FireTV through Emby, they come up scrambled.  The video is completely distorted and unwatchable.  If I turn off VLC, it plays fine.  Thinking it was something to do with how the shows were encoded, I converted them again, same thing.  I have not encountered this issue with any other format, only was able to correlate with the 1440 resolution.  Is this a known issue, or has anybody else encountered this?

Thanks!

Deathsquirrel

Just checked on a fire tv gen 1, no issue here with 4X3 HD content in general or 1440X1080 specifically with vlc turned on.

theniteow1

Just checked on a fire tv gen 1, no issue here with 4X3 HD content in general or 1440X1080 specifically with vlc turned on.

I have a Gen2.  Also, need to mention these shows are in HEVC format.

theniteow1

I tried it again today, and it's definitely that format.  Not sure what you will need from me.  I don't see anything in the logs saying anything is wrong.  I think it is something to do with the FireTV itself, and this video resolution with VLC.  If anybody out there can test this out, it would be great!

• 1 month later...
theniteow1

I can confirm this is now fixed.  Not sure if it was an update from Emby or FireTV, but I tried again the other day, and had no issues.  Thanks to whoever!

Edited by theniteow1