Is there a way to backup either all or parts of the server config?

virtualtinker
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

virtualtinker

So id like to go ahead and do a fresh install of the server to clean up the all the junk that I've been carrying over from so many updates over the past couple of years. For the most part, that includes all of the configuration as I will just recreate it manually. However, there are some things like my users for example, I'd like to try and save if at all possible. Is there any functionality I'm missing that would allow me to export and import parts of the config, or would I be forced to just copy files/folders and insert them back in after the fact?

virtualtinker

Well, that didn't go as smoothly as I would have hoped.  I did the full backup and then uninstalled everything.  Did a reinstall from the latest stable and started fresh. Got my supporter key re-added and installed the backup plugin.  Pointed it to the location of the backup and tried to restore.  My users and user metadata wasn't even an option, and when I tried to restore the library paths and click the restore button, nothing happened.  In the end, I had to reconfigure the whole thing was scratch over the next 2 hours.

I haven't tested what went wrong and probably wont as I'm past this point now and can't go back to my old install, but my first guess is the major re-architectures in the folder paths and file location led to too much drift.  I installed server back when it first was released, so have had a good 2 years of updates over updates.  While the application has continued to work in that time, my install has gotten dirty, which I am thinking led to a backup that wasn't compatible with a fresh install.

In any case, it's all conjecture at this point and I can't re-test.  Live and learn I guess.

I hate to say this now, but a force-refresh of the browser page may have made it work... :)