Error Playing Video

easez88

easez88

Hello,

I am having trouble streaming most videos through emby. An episode will begin and at random will give me a video playback error and load the next episode.  I have been using emby for about a year now and this problem has been happening for the last few weeks. Could anyone point me in the right direction to find a solution. 

server-63592569862.txt

transcode-dfc03e65-3785-4a0e-9134-6abc0c4af2b3.txt

Hi, what specifc event happened in this log? everything seems to look normal here. thanks.

easez88

All I get is a playback error on the web client  and the video stops. It only happens with transcoded videos. I was hoping the logs at the time of the error revealed something to someone more knowledgeable. 

i can help I'm just not sure what it is at the moment.

I notice that we're stream copying the original video stream. Perhaps we shouldn't be. Can you try going into settings for the web interface, by clicking your user icon in the top right -> settings -> playback. Set the bitrate to a low value in order to force it to transcode. In this case, it will need to be pretty low due to the low content bitrate. Try 360p. Let me know if that plays successfully or not.

Actually yea looking at that media info, it's 720p with 16 ref frames, which seems a bit high. I think the answer is we should be transcoding this video and we are currently not.

easez88

Ok. Thank you for taking a look. I will try to lower the bitrate and report back. 

Edit.

I tried the bitrate change and nothing changed. I did however see that Chrome console showed a ERR_SPDY_PROTOCAL_ERROR. this lead me to believe that nginx was responsible. After switching to another web server everything works great. Thanks for the help. 

Edited by easez88