New TV Shows library disappears after restart in latest beta series

d00zah

d00zah

Throughout all the recent database updates, my libraries have been solid. Sometime during the latest beta series, I decided to remove my single TV Show library folder & do some partitioning. Since then, after adding back the newly created folders, all content for that particular library disappears when the service is restarted, but IMMEDIATELY reappears when a full scan is initiated. All other pre-existig libraries are fine.

I've pared things back to a single folder for troubleshooting & the problem persists.

It's probable that deleting the library.db & rebuilding will resolve this but wanted to give @@Luke a chance to take a look first in the event it's more than an anomaly.

TIA

Attached:

Image of current 'TV show's library (LibraryPaths.jpg)

Image of WebUI 'TV shows' library after restart (NoShows.jpg)

Server log at this point (Log.PreScan.txt)

Image of WebUI 'TV shows' library IMMEDIATELY after starting a scan (Shows.jpg)

Updated server log during scan, after library shows up (Log.PostScan.txt)

It's an issue of performance. For now, just continue to run the startup scan. It will be improved in a future release.

d00zah

Why only the recently modified library? By far, the most meager of any I have. And were it performance, I would expect that it would appear at some point without a scan, but it could be hours after restart & content remains blank until a scan. Seems odd, just askin'...

Edited by d00zah

d00zah

Thanks for weighing in! It does, doesn't it. Based on what you posted...

- I store metadata centrally, so .nfo vs .xml seems moot.

- Problem library is a mix of .mkv/.mp4. Same encoding as all my others.

No NEW content. Just removed a single source folder, sorted into 'Series' & 'Anime' & redefined library with both  paths. NO naming redundancy. It wasn't a problem until I deleted/recreated the library.

- I use FireFox 42.0.2, but again, this seems moot. 'Old' libraries are fine. Recently modified library

exhibits  problem.

- Would also like to emphasize that when I say 'content reappears IMMEDIATELY after starting scan', I mean that I return to the library as quickly as I can load it & all missing content is shown. The scan is not identifying new content. It just seems to 'kick it loose'. It DOES, however, forget any artwork changes I make... centrally stored metadata.

- 'Emby for WMC' reports 'No items' for this library until rescan.

Edited by d00zah

arrbee99

Well I kind of roughly, sort of moved to nfo for new stuff and started finally ripping Blurays when there were also database changes, as far as I can tell.

So obviously though it might be connected with nfo somehow, or uncompressed Blurays, but am now thinking database something especially as its now, as mentioned, loosing everything except recordings/downloads.

Keep metadata in with the video folders, not centrally and don't have a NAS. Also only go back to check if stuffs reappeared when its finished its scan, not as quickly as you do.

Sorry, most of this is probably in the other thread, but just thought I'd mention it...

d00zah

No, I appreciate the input. I read through all the info your post provided & noted differences in our usage. Saw where Luke/EBR were going with their questions & tried to provide additional data along those lines. Maybe I should have posted it there? Anyway, we all try our best to characterize an issue, so the more additional input, the better methinks.

That said, I don't see how it's a performance issue, but I'm willing to be convinced. Ultimately, raising these issues helps improve the product for all of us.

d00zah

Hey arrbee99, remember me? B^)

I did some playing around & this is how I solved my issue... YMMV:

- Removed all folders from affected library

- Deleted library.

- Ran full scan & clean database (previously I just re-added folders)

- Recreated library & added folder

- Ran full scan

Draw your own conclusions, but this fixed the issue for me. Seems to me like some odd issue with an 'updated' library being modified? Likely others will be hitting this sooner, or later.

arrbee99

Thanks, seems simple enough and I'll have a go. Will have to wait a bit though, put in a bigger HDD in the main PC and am moving stuff around a bit at the mo.

(have tried removing folders from libraries and cleaning databases before, but not actually removing the libraries themselves so here's hoping......)