How to keep android app "tuned" to one server?

tobedeleted

tobedeleted

I use the android app and my own Emby server. I don't have any use for Emby connect or any other server. So I would like the app to stay tuned to this server. But every time once it cannot connect to my personal server (because of downtime, network connectivity, and so on), at the next start of the app the first login is always the Emby connect login. You have to skip the first login to get to the custom server login. This is quite confusing for not-so-technical users in the household.

How can I tell the android app to always connect to one server, even if this server is not available some time?

Hi, unfortunately the current behavior is what it is although I can see why it would be a nuisance under those circumstances. I'll have to think about how to fine tune it for single server usage.

DParsons

I have had an issue with getting my emby mobile to remotely connect to my pc. It all works just fine when I'm at home on my pc's wifi but away from home the remote access is not functioning. If i try to create a new server with my ddns info it always gives me the message 'we are unable to connect'. Screenshot below. What are the steps for getting emby mobile for android to connect remotely?

56d9b32d85239_Screenshot_20160303230106.

Vidman

Make sure your router port forwarding for port 8096 is set to the correct ip of your server. Also this has nothing to do with the original posters issue

Edited by Vidman

DParsons

Keeping the app tuned to one server seemed like a similar issue to me since it is the mobile app trying to connect to the wrong server that is giving me the problem. My remote access works from any PC are there additional ports that need to be opened for the mobile app. I would assume it works the same as remote access from PC. Are they different settings needed for each one?

Edited by DParsons

tobedeleted

Hi, unfortunately the current behavior is what it is although I can see why it would be a nuisance under those circumstances. I'll have to think about how to fine tune it for single server usage.

Would be great to add this. A simple question "The selected server is currently not available. Should I re-try it or do you want to connect to another server?" instead of defaulting to EmbyConnect would be enough for a beginning.

tobedeleted

In addition to that: Even with the current behaviour, it seems counter-intuitive to me that the Emby app not only "forgets" about the last used server when this is not available, but you also have to enter your credentials again if you want to reconnect.

And: If the server is not available, there should be an option to use the Emby app offline with the cached/synced content from this server.

yes the fact you have to enter credentials again is something that should be improved.