Trakt sync collection?

jonathan.gorbutt

jonathan.gorbutt

Hi,

Just wondering if Emby will sync the collection to trakt? for when I add new episodes ect?

• 3 weeks later...
dmrh88

Hi,

I just set up emby server and tried to import library from my kodi in raspberry, but it seems embi doesn't import kodi local database.

After that I tried to use my trakt account and import from there, installed plugin, but issue persists, can't import library/collection.

So far, only way to add content to emby was to export kodi library from raspberry, then copy those files and add them to Emby. Is this the only way?

My issue is, I go to trakt and mark one movie as watched, how can I add that movie to emby library automatically? Should the plugin do that?

Thanks

• 1 year later...
hstamas

Hi, yes, try the Trakt plugin in the plugin catalog.

@@Luke. Getting my movies set up in Emby. I added the Trakt plugin this morning and 4 hours ago I added a movie to Emby. As of right now I don't see the movie listed on Trakt website.

How long does it usually take for an addition to my collection to sync?

I ask because even though Trakt is in Emby's scheduled tasks there is no actual schedule set up. Does the syncing of added media happen automatically or should we know that after installing the Trakt plugin we need to set scheduled task events manually?

there is no schedule because those tasks are designed to be something you run periodically manually, or you can set a schedule if you like.

i personally would prefer a more hands-off automated approach but that is what the original developer of the plugin wanted.

hstamas

Thanks for the clarification. Again coming off of Plex I just assumed it happened automatically like it does there. No issue running a task every once in a while.

Strangely though, my recorded TV shows via Emby do seem to get synced as soon as they finish recording.

Activity that occurs after installing the trakt plugin will be sent to trakt (as far as I understand). The issue is that when you first install the trakt plugin, do you want to perform any type of sync for older activity. That is the part that is not automatic and is left for the user to decide.

hstamas

Activity that occurs after installing the trakt plugin will be sent to trakt (as far as I understand). The issue is that when you first install the trakt plugin, do you want to perform any type of sync for older activity. That is the part that is not automatic and is left for the user to decide.

The movies I added happened post Trakt install FYI.

Ok, that was just my understanding of it. The trakt plugin is a community add-on. I am not the primary developer of it although I do pitch in with compatibility updates when there are changes to the core server.