Views and media folders

Angelblue05

Angelblue05

I can't figure out how to solve this so I'm posting here.

The way we separate the content by views in Kodi, is with the help of tags that represent the Media folders. For Kodi to follow the user preferences, we rename tags according to the view names.

The issue I'm facing is when users group folders together, is there a way to know which user view the grouped folders belong to? For example, I have 3 movie libraries, Kids Movies, Movies and UFC. I decide to group Movies and UFC into one view named Movies. I have to rename tags from UFC to Movies so they are grouped in Kodi, like they are in the webclient. How do I know UFC belongs to Movies and not Kids Movies? There's no indication in the api. Help?

Essentially, I need a way to recreate the views in Kodi, manually. This is to reconcile media folders to the view name they belong to (this is only a problem with grouped folders).

If I recall previously, the paths for actual grouped views were different from the views that were not grouped. However, this seems to have changed where they are both identical making it impossible to know which is which.

Edited by Angelblue05

Well the idea is that you don't need to know, because once the user groups them, the UFC and Movies view are gone and now you get back the new grouped view. If for some reason you need the Id's of the folders that are contained, I suppose I could add that.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

That would be great. I understand it's not regular usage. It's just if we don't keep track, users need to reset their Kodi database if they decide to group or ungroup folders (since the tags are applied to each item). But knowing which media folders they belong to, allows us to grab all tags associate to it and rename them according to the user view. This way, we can easily group and ungroup to reflect the user preferences.  :)

Edit: For now, I will simply grab the first item that belong to the media folder, and do a search Users/Items using the user view Id as parent Id, and search to see if the item belong to it. Not a very nice solution, but should do the job until something is implemented.

Edited by Angelblue05