Theater not loading content

Raptor6L

Raptor6L

Hi al

I've got the new Theater running on 2 other pc's and a laptop without any issues, but I'm having problems getting it to load correctly on my pc in the back room. It will bring up a black screen, give me one trip around with the "loading" circle,then it displays the Emby logo in the top left corner, the time in the top right corner and that's it. The minimise, maximise, close buttons are all there and can be used, but none of them are visible. Leave it long enough and the screensaver with the Emby logo will appear.

It sorta looks like Emby isn't retrieving content from the Server...?

The old Theater works just fine on this pc. 

All pc's running Win8.1 Pro with WMC and the lappy is Win10.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled this several times with no luck. Aero Peek has been both enabled and disabled with no luck. Video card driver is up to date.

Help! :(

post-80595-0-11220600-1456794921_thumb.png

theater-63592426786.txt

server-63592387200.txt

joshstix

I am getting the same issue on both of my htpcs.  Mine are both Windows 7 with ET2.0.

Same symptom, start the app it gives one rotation of the coloured circle then its just search user and the time displayed until the screen saver starts.

joshstix

Aaaaaaannnnnnndddddddd now its working fine.

Still version 2.0 but no more issues.

Edited by joshstix

• 2 weeks later...
Raptor6L

Well, I'm at a loss regarding this. I've uninstalled\ resinstalled it several times with no luck. 

I've noticed it doesn't have a problem updating itself. It went from 2.0.0 to 2.0.2 this morning without issue.

Is there prerequisite software for Theater to work? I'm thinking there isn't but I need to ask.

I'll keep on using the old Theater on this pc in the meantime, but I'm really wanting to get it updated to the newer version...

Edited by Raptor6L

Raptor6L

has it ever worked once for you?

Yes.....just now! It's now working, but I have no idea why what i just did at my server would affect the Theater installation at this particular pc, and have zero affect on the others? It might be just a coincidence, but jeez, it's done a pretty good job with its timing!

So, I went to the server just to make sure it was up to date and everything, and saw I still had the old Emby for WMC on there, so I thought I'd get rid of that and install the new Theater on there. I very rarely watch anything directly on the server, but..... anyway... It installed all fine and gave me exactly one go around of the circle and then it came to the "Please Sign In" page, and I thought "that's the page it's trying to show me on the other pc, except I'm not seeing the choices of where to sign in to". So I went to the other pc, switched it on, started up Theater and lo and behold it does one round of the circle and presents me the Please Sign In page with all the choices.

So, I swore a few times, but in the end it's a good result.

Luke, very much liking the new Theater version, hence the persistence with trying to get this install working on the last pc.

Lifetime supporter since June last year. Please keep up the good work you and your team are doing!!!