Using external player disables Sub Station Alpha subs

RanmaCanada

RanmaCanada

I recently got one of those nice little cheap android tv boxes, and Emby works GREAT on it, if I use Mx Player, as VLC does not have hardware support for the Allwinner H3 chipset.  Because of this, I need to play all my x264 and x265 with the external player option.  When I do thus, any files with .ass files will not play the subs.  Sometimes the subs will be seen as an option to play, and the file will crash saying there was a problem rendering the file, other times, there will be no option whatsoever to load the subs.  All files are direct streaming, no transcoding going, as what I wanted to have happen when I was having issues with the windows 10 app.

I would use the internal player, but then I would have no hardware support for the files I am playing, and the system just craps out.  I have tried using VLC as an external as well, and it bogs down like crazy and is unable to keep up with the x265 files.  .srt files are not a problem, just .ass files.

If I load the files onto usb, they play perfectly fine through mx player.  Seems there are a lot of sub problems, so I will step in line and wait my turn :)  

RanmaCanada

The subtitles are internal. These are mkv files that I am streaming. I am also unable to use external player to see subs on my note 3. When I try to use the internal player I get an error has occurred while processing the request.

Edited by RanmaCanada