Subtitle Issue in Theater

rblu19

Here's my problem. When I try to play a movie with subtitles in Emby Theater  (the newer design - currently version 1.0.47) the subtitles won't show up. They work fine in the server (version 3.0.5890.0, for whatever that's worth), and while changing the video renderer to madvr instead of lav allows the subtitles to show, it causes my dvd rips to compress on the sides (basically, think clumsily adjusted for a 4:3 tv) and my blu-ray rips to lag unacceptably. Apparently, my computer is ill-eqquiped for madvr. I've included a log for theater and one for the server (for whatever it's worth). Hopefully there's some setting I missed somewhere that the log mentions, because I'm not really sure what to do at this point, short of, if it is something with theater itself and not some other factor, waiting for whatever update fixes the problem.

Thank you in advance

server-63592223631.txt

theater-63592223737.txt

davidtjudd

For me I also noticed random freezes in playback using madvr. This is even with directplay. I ended up switching the clients back to evr+ for now.

Here's another set of logs, to help you out babgvant. I played two versions of the same file, one with embedded subtitles and one with the subtitles external, this time the subtitles being vobsub/.sub. The subtitles didn't work either time, but hopefully this gives a better idea on how this gets fixed.

server-embedded.txt

server-not_embedded.txt

theater-embedded.txt

theater-not_embedded.txt

babgvant

Ended up changing how subs are written completely. It's now 100% explicitly handled by the CP. This required some structural changes so it's important to test and let me know the results.

The updated CP (1.0.0.6) is attached.

Thanks

rblu19

Ended up changing how subs are written completely. It's now 100% explicitly handled by the CP. This required some structural changes so it's important to test and let me know the results.

The updated CP (1.0.0.6) is attached.

Thanks

I don't see any attachments.

Edited by rblu19

babgvant

Looks like it didn't attach. Switch to edge filterset. it will come down.

babgvant

I am having a similar issue to @@rblu19. I have changed to edge filterset as suggested but this made no difference.

You may need to close ET and restart for it to download the updated filters.

Afterwards, if you inspect the file properties it should indicated 1.0.0.6.

56d80d1f3c274_1006.jpg

Or, you can download it directly from here.

babgvant

Not updating here either. I tried the download link but it was still 1.0.0.3

So when you download from that link and check the file properties it says 1.0.0.3? If so, it must not be replicating across the CDNs.

babgvant

I have the 1.0.0.6 version and still no joy.

That is bizarre. The new design is such that the CP handles subtitle overlay completely. If it gets a bitmap from XySubFilter it will get blit on the video surface.

I will need a sample file.

• Like 1

babgvant

Working now for me in both Theatre and on Shield. Thanks.

Were you able to DL from the CDN or the attachment? If the CDN isn't replicating, we'll want to get that fixed.

babgvant

Can you verify that you have EVR+ selected as the video renderer?

Oddly enough. I don't see the subs w/ madVR, but do see them with EVR+.

56d82fa1e3702_subtest.jpg

Heuer

Used the attachment - the CDN is still showing the old version.

As an aside I can play a video with subs (The Assassin) using madVR but that Marvel sample clip will only show the subs with EVR+. The Assassin Subs are Eng-SRT (D) (F)

• Like 1

daedalus

test file here only working with madvr v0.90.13

evr+ 1.0.0.6 no subs

xysubfilter is 3.1.0.746

post-143-0-72975100-1457011537_thumb.jpg

Edited by daedalus