Kodi Slow With Emby Addon

Sickify

Decided to give the Emby addon for Kodi a try the other day. Got everything setup fine. The issue is, after Kodi has been open for awhile, it seems to slow right down.

If I am at the "Home" page, using the confluence skin, navigating left or right, the drop down tabs don't come up right away, and when they do they stick around for quite awhile. Navigating to off-screen menu options, does not scroll the display for ~30 seconds.

This behaviour continues in the Movie and Television selection screens.

Removing the Emby addon, and importing my media in to Kodi, solves this problem.

I have two separate profiles, the master user profile contains roughly 1300 movies, and 3000 television show episodes.

The Kids profile, contains around 250 movies, and 1000 television shows.

This behaviour is evident with both Profiles. I have tried several different skins as well.

Whoops, sorry, this is on a Computer running Linux Mint 17.2, AMD A8 APU, 8GB Ram, using proprietary AMD Catalyst Drivers.

And no, it does not appear to be syncing, or there is no indication that it is.

Angelblue05

You could always try to use Native playback mode (you'll need to resync after changing the setting). I don't experience this issue on my htpc or firetv stick. It runs very smoothly when navigating the menus and libraries.

Sickify

You could always try to use Native playback mode (you'll need to resync after changing the setting). I don't experience this issue on my htpc or firetv stick. It runs very smoothly when navigating the menus and libraries.

Native playback mode seems to have maybe fixed it. It's been running for around 7 hours now, with no slowdown. I will update in a few days, Thank you.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Maybe one of your add-ons is interfering. I use plugin paths and no such issues here, Kodi runs 24/7.

• 4 weeks later...
Sickify

Well, still having problems. It seems like it works for longer before slowing down, but I still have to kill Kodi and restart it several times a day.

I have two profiles, one is using the default Confluence skin, the other uses Titan. Both profiles experience the same issue.

Aside from Emby for Plugins, not including the default Kodi ones, I have;

AddOn Installer

Genesis

Youtube

Attached is another log file.

kodi.log