"Group versions" 'ed items show up seperately in Kodi

KarlDag

KarlDag

I have some media files that I have in different versions - multiple resolutions, mutiple bitrates - that I have grouped under 1 item in the web app.  they show up as 1 item in android, too, but in Kovi with the plugin all versions appear separately. Is it a problem on my end?  I'm using Add-on paths, so I assume the kodi library would only see 1 item as Emby shows it...  

Angelblue05

How are they grouped under 1 item in the web app? Do you mean, you put them into a collection? If they are in a collection, is it the only collection they are a part of? Kodi only accepts one boxset/title. Also, make sure you have the group items in boxsets enabled in settings > video > group movies in set. 

If the setting doesn't work, how are you accessing the library? What menus are you using? Let me know.

KarlDag

How are they grouped under 1 item in the web app? Do you mean, you put them into a collection? If they are in a collection, is it the only collection they are a part of? Kodi only accepts one boxset/title. Also, make sure you have the group items in boxsets enabled in settings > video > group movies in set.

If the setting doesn't work, how are you accessing the library? What menus are you using? Let me know.

Thanks for your answer. I don't group them in collections, what I mean is that in the Web app or Android app I multi-select the similar items and then choose "group versions" in the upper right corner. Then all similar items are seen as 1 in the app, but with an overlaid number to show how many files are present for that title. The server chooses which one to stream depending on codec capabilities of the client, I believe. See screenshot.

Unfortunately, then in kodi they still show up separately.

post-74734-0-61353500-1457223895_thumb.png

Edited by KarlDag

Angelblue05

Ah, I see what you mean. Kodi doesn't have such feature implemented yet. We could technically implement something like this with the add-on, but it's required a lot of work, and understanding how emby handles this. Especially how it reports playback, handles resume point, what information is being communicated to the app; does it include all three items when it reports in the websocket? It would only be available for addon playback.

For now, there's nothing we can do, but I know there's a demand for it, from Kodi users: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=135178&page=3

I see mentions of using video extras (only currently compatible with native playback). Let us know if you decide to check it out and if you managed to achieve this.

KarlDag

Ah, I see what you mean. Kodi doesn't have such feature implemented yet. We could technically implement something like this with the add-on, but it's required a lot of work, and understanding how emby handles this. Especially how it reports playback, handles resume point, what information is being communicated to the app; does it include all three items when it reports in the websocket? It would only be available for addon playback.

For now, there's nothing we can do, but I know there's a demand for it, from Kodi users: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=135178&page=3

I see mentions of using video extras (only currently compatible with native playback). Let us know if you decide to check it out and if you managed to achieve this.

Ok, well that's disappointing, but thank you for your answer.

I thought the plugin basically just transfered Emby's library to Kodi's with a sort of path replacement...  if that had been the case (or, anyway, how I imagine it personally), then Kodi would only see 1 item as it only is 1 item in Emby's library view... 

Wish I could code, I'd try to help about it!  Hopefully the kodi guys make it happen on their end.

Edited by KarlDag

Vidman

Ok, well that's disappointing, but thank you for your answer.

I thought the plugin basically just transfered Emby's library to Kodi's with a sort of path replacement... if that had been the case (or, anyway, how I imagine it personally), then Kodi would only see 2 item as it only is 1 item in Emby's library view...

Wish I could code, I'd try to help about it! Hopefully the kodi guys make it happen on their end.

That is what it does, but kodi does not have such a feature so there would need to be some workaround involved
  • Like 1