Did I miss something in my pvr config? Cannot record 2 shows at once?

kjacques1

kjacques1

I'm having an unusual problem in that I cannot record 2 shows at once. I have the hd home run connect which has two tuners. For example, I scheduled Big Bang Theory and Grey's Anatomy which are both Thursday at 8 pm. Only one will record. It doesn't look like Emby is engaging the other availible tuner even though it shows available on the config page. If I switch to the Hdhome run app that software will engage both tuners.

Any thoughts?

Thanks. These are recording transcoding logs. How about the regular emby server log from that time? thanks.

mellomade

Sorry - this log is for 2/24 and has only a single recording timer fired for 'Days of Our Lives'.  For the information you referenced above you need the log for 2/25.

mellomade

OK - in log.zip I can see that both timers fired however only the 'Big Bang' started to stream to mp4. 

Can you test a scenario where you turn off the auto conversion to mp4?  Just uncheck this in the Live TV settings.

Do you have your recording location set as a library location?

kjacques1

OK, I have unchecked the automatically convert recordings to streaming friendly format and have added the recording section to the library. I will report back on the next test.

Thanks.

mellomade

have added the recording section to the library.

Thanks.

Actually you don't want to have the recording location scanned as part of your library. Sorry if that was unclear.

Ok. I've removed it from the library.

Just fyi, we are working on removing this limitation, so it's not permanent.