embedded madvr folder issue

brad_w
Go to solution Solved by brad_w,

Hey all,

I did a search on this but was unable to find anything specific to my issue.. a few other madvr issues but not this.

i'm finding that for the last 5 or 6 releases, half of the contents of my madVR folder under COMObjects is being deleted after an update.  When booting up ET I can always tell there's been an update without looking at the version number because video will stop working altogether - black screen - but audio will continue to play.  I've got a copy of the latest version of madVR on hand that I remote in and paste into its place to fix the issue, but with small releases happening every day I have to do it almost everytime I boot up.

any ideas why it would be happening? or anyone else experiencing this?

Cheers

Is that the known fix for the black screen but w/audio problem when using MadVR? I have the same issue, but have been struggling to find the cause.

Not sure if there's an already known fix but worked that one out myself.  thought maybe it was just something wrong with the latest update of ET, but tried a video out in MPC HC and same issue.  navigated through to my madVR folder and found 60% of the madvr folder wiped.  take a look at your embedded madvr folder in C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Theater\COMObjects\madVR.  There should be a good 23 - 25 files and a couple of folders in there if all is good.. if it's like mine and wipes out with every update you'll be left with about 6 files, no folders.

I noticed I had no madVR.txt file outside of the COMObjects folder where it writes out what version it was last checked at, maybe that had something to do with it; but I wiped emby completely and reinstalled.. just gotta wait til 1.0.48 releases to see if it'll delete madvr again.

Happy2Play

I was going to ask if renamed/deleted your COMObjects folder does it recreate everything for you?

brad_w

I was going to ask if renamed/deleted your COMObjects folder does it recreate everything for you?

sorry didn't get a chance to check before wiping.  I've just done the update to 2.0.0, and had a look at the madVR folder and it's still intact, so i'm guessing the issue is no longer there.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Solution
brad_w

I think I worked out what the issue is.. i'm going to say this is the answer, as I haven't had the issue since, but I had my madvr control panel exe always running in the tray - so I was able to edit settings whenever I wanted, not just when a video was loaded.

I think when emby theater was trying to update it'd hit an issue with this exe being open, and whatever related configs and dll's are used along with it being opened/in use also.  Ever since changing the setting to only show tray icon when video is playing I've had no problems with any updates.