Custom and Codec Intros: General Questions and Feedback On Use...

Dodgy Bob

Dodgy Bob

Hey folks,

Since I have access to Cinema Mode now via the Emby for Samsung Client, I'm going back into Cinema Mode's settings and actually finding out what the settings do and getting to actually see the results; I know I could have played around with settings via the Emby for Web Client, but I didn't and haven't and honestly, since I hadn't been using Cinema Mode, I had forgotten about the settings!

Anyhow, seeing the options there and particularly, the options for Custom and Codec Intros, I was wondering:

1. Do you guys make use of these specific two (2) settings -or- just one or the other -or- neither?
  2. If you do make use of these settings, roughly how many videos do you have in each of the folder paths?
  3. If you do make use of the Custom Intros option, what kind of videos do you have in the Custom Intros folder path to play before your main event?
  4. If you do make use of the Codec Intros option, did you make or acquire the videos you have in the Codec Intros folder path?
  5. With the options currently available to Custom and Codec Intros (basically that they are either off or on by setting the folder path!) is it just the one video from each that gets played each time or is there some other option or config file somewhere that can be edited?

Hopefully these questions aren't seen as too personal or stirring up controversy, I was just wondering how to go about using this option - if I decide to use it at all? - and use it appropriately / best.

Thanks in advance for your input   B)

Kind regards,

Dodgy Bob.