Movie showing 464min long

steve1977

steve1977

Not sure why, but LOTR movie shows 464min long (and only shows this when playing with MBS in the webUI). Pls see screenshot below. When playing with VLC, it only shows 3:44:06, which is the right duration. In MBS, the time afterwards is just black.

52b52b78a2405_464min.jpg

Thoughts?

Ok for some reason we are seeing the  RunTimeTicks": 278149490000 which = 463mins and change.

can you please run

ffprobe -i file:"path-to-lotr" -print_format json -show_streams -show_format >"lotr.json"

and paste the contents of the lotr.json to paste2.org .

Thanks

It could be a couple of things

1. ffmpeg bug with those particular codecs.

2. The header info on the mkv may be a bit strange (you can fix this by running it through mkv merge which I would like you to try before I go searching through the ffmpeg bug tracker).

While it is annoying it should not have any far reaching effects (that i can think of right now).

If #2 doesn't work we may have to wait for ffmpeg devs (there was another duration bug recently fixed this may be related to that)

steve1977

Thanks for your quick reply. This is the only movie with this issue. Let me do the following, let me re-rip the movie and see whether it is better this time. Will give feedback shortly. Thanks again!

I suspect it is actually the codecs causing it so if you have the option when you are re ripping h264 may be the best chioce

steve1977

Great, will do, thanks!!!

Btw, still laughing about initial posts that the movie indeed feels like 464min (7.5 hours!)... The movies are great, but indeed very long...

Great, will do, thanks!!!

Btw, still laughing about initial posts that the movie indeed feels like 464min (7.5 hours!)... The movies are great, but indeed very long...

If Peter Jackson was making them today, each movie would have been 3.. and we would have ended up with a 27 hour long saga.