Casting not working?

rendez2k

rendez2k

I have the latest iOS Emby installed, and both versions of the Chromecast. Emby will see the Chromecast, the Emby logo comes on the TV but I can't then press the play button on the phone! Any ideas? Tried removing and reinstalling the app.

any update on this? I have similar issue, I have chromecast gen1, which works fine with other apps such as Youtube, etc.

I installed EMBY server, and using emby client to cast to chromecast. 

It detected chromecast, and screen shows ready to cast, select your media in EMBY and play it here.

Then I go back to client, tried play button, nothing happened. 

I tried it using all clients, from IOS, web browser, and android, same symptom.

I can broswer the media library, but hitting play button has no effect using all clients. 

I also tried removing and reinstalling the app, still same problem.

please help. 

• 3 weeks later...

is there any update or any suggestion on this?It's still stuck at the playing. please help.

I can click that cast icon to connect to chromecast, and TV shows ready to cast, select your media in EMBY and play it here.

but EMBY client play button has no effect t all. 

If it really can't work, I have to try other solutions.

another naive question: can EMBY play to chromecast first gen?  since I'm using first gen device, and I still had no clue why it did nothing after click play.

second naive question: do I have to unlock the app to be able to play to chromecast?

thanks for the clarification in advance.

another naive question: can EMBY play to chromecast first gen?  since I'm using first gen device, and I still had no clue why it did nothing after click play.

second naive question: do I have to unlock the app to be able to play to chromecast?

thanks for the clarification in advance.

Hi, welcome, yes, they're both supported. Can you please provide a server log from a playback attempt? Please see how to report a problem for instructions. Thanks.