Start playing Songs takes 3 minutes

ojessie
Go to solution Solved by marcelveldt,

Hi,

any help would be highly appreciated. 

I'm running emby on my NAS openmediavault and stream / play the content on the NAS on my Kodi Jarvis 16.0 Client on Windows 10.

Start playing a song, when selecting songs, takes always approx. 3 minutes before the song starts playing. Interestingly enough when selecting Artists or Albums the song plays immediately. This happens when I'm using Kodi by using the emby web interface songs start immediately.

Set up:

Client:

Windows 10 latest updates installed

Kodi Jarvis 16.0 with emby addon latest version

NAS

openmediavault version 2.2 stone burner

emby server Version 3.0.5871.0

Log attached. As far as I can see it the "problem starts" at 11:42:07 when I started playing a song and at 11:45:19 the song stated playing although there is an error shown in the log.

Thanks, 

kodi.log

Angelblue05

For some reason, Kodi seems to be looking at your music database. Did you run a music library scan or do you have any other sources added to Kodi? I would try to reset your local database, and see if the problem goes away. Let me know.

wow, I'm not used to it that a dev is replying within minutes. This is a convincing argument to buy emby. If you can fix my problem I promise to buy immediately a live time subscription.

So I did a reset of the local kodi database unfortunately it's still the same. I also removed my smb sources so it's just the emby database. I don't know if that matters but I'm also having set the path substitution on the emby server.  

• Like 1

Angelblue05

It is important to remove all sources. We do not want kodi looking at emby content, otherwise, it might corrupt the database and cause weird behaviors. Anyway!

If a reset didn't help, can you produce a new kodi log, and also include your server log from the same time. Try to play something a song in Kodi, so we can see what the server is doing. Thanks.

Edit: to confirm, you are using direct stream for music, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05

Yes, all sources are removed. Just the emby database is synced to kodi. 

Yes, just checked it again. In the emby addon / sync options / direct stream is checked.

PS.: I don't know if it can be seen in the log but after this 3 minutes it starts playing the song and plays the next on the list without any delay. But if I chose a different one it again takes 3 minutes. 

server_log.txt

kodi.log

Edited by ojessie

marcelveldt

This is by design in kodi if you start playing from the songs node. If you have a large collection it queues the whole list before playing

• Like 1

Disable play next song automatically in settings is only option

Bad news ... anyhow thanks for your support it's highly appreciated. You could give Kodi some hints to do it better / differently.

Regards

marcelveldt

Bad news ... anyhow thanks for your support it's highly appreciated. You could give Kodi some hints to do it better / differently.

Regards

They're already discussing about making this more intelligent for the next Kodi release

• Like 1