Multiple devices showing up as one? screwing with played state

totalhavoc
Go to solution Solved by Angelblue05,

totalhavoc

I have multiple Kodi devices running on windows and android. It appears though that all the android devices are only listed once under devices on the server, the same thing goes for the windows devices. I noticed that the name of the device changes based on the last device to log in. If you look at active devices on the dashboard I only have 2 list, 1 for the windows devices and 1 for the android. The info (media, device name) changes based on which client sent the last update. This was not really an issue until I notices that if multiple android device are up and running with different users logged in playstates are being shared even though they are watching different shows. So if me and my wife are both on android devices or both on windows and she watches grey anatomy and I watch supernatural, it marks greys and supernatural watched on both our accounts. Not cool!

I'm not sure where the problem lies but I'm pretty sure it is kodi thing as it does not happen with our ipad apps. 

Server v3.0.5887.0

Kodi v16

Kodi plugin v2.2.4

HELP!

Edit: each is set in the kodi plugin to report a unique name, IE. <setting id="deviceName" value="Havoc-Desktop"

Edited by totalhavoc

• Solution
Angelblue05

Uninstall and reinstall the add-on on each devices. It should force generate a new machine id when you start Kodi. This only happens if you copied the addons folder (the plugin.video.emby contains the machine_guid)

Edit: You don't need to reset the database.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

totalhavoc

Thanks for the info. I wanted a clean install for Jarvis so I setup one windows box and one android and then moved the whole folder between... a lot faster when you have 5 profiles per device. A full database sync times  5 profiles times multiple boxes takes awhile. 

I just deleted the machine guid file on each box and let it regen the guid. Seems to have worked.

Edited by totalhavoc
  • Like 1