Cinema Mode: Control Trailers Shown By Ratings?

Dodgy Bob
Go to solution Solved by dejavux2,

Dodgy Bob

Hey folks,

Is it possible to control through Cinema Mode what trailers from online can and/or cannot be shown? Or is this handled already by way of the rating of the TV show or movie being watched?

Point in case, the wife and I sat down to watch Hawaii Five-0 last night and up came a trailer for some 'R' rated movie that we would never see. Thankfully - and this would be the only time! - due to our slow and dodgy internet connection, the trailer barely played and buffered all over the place. However, if it had of been the kids and the internet connection had been working fine, yeah, not good!

Does anyone know, if we had of played, for example 'Dora The Explorer' (not that we would have, we dislike Dora passionately and besides the kids are out of that stage of life now, thank goodness!), would that 'R' rated trailer still have come up?

I know I can change Cinema Mode to only play local trailers and that I can do in the meantime as I have no problems with any of our local trailers, but I would like to be able to turn upcoming movie trailers back on if I could.

Any help or info greatly appreciated.

Thanks folks,

Dodgy Bob.

• Like 1

• Solution
dejavux2

Same place:   Playback > Cinema Mode....  There are settings in there to not go above the rating of what is being watched.

With that in mind, you have to make sure that the content being watched has a rating....  Go through all of your kid's shows and make sure the Ratings are there....

Edited by dejavux2
  • Like 2

Dodgy Bob

Thanks again @@dejavux2   :D

Yep, I'll be checking over everything tonight to make sure things like that don't happen again   ;)

Much appreciated,

Dodgy Bob.