Use embedded metadata for MP4 and M4V files

RubeensVinicius

RubeensVinicius

Hi! As a former Plex user, I used to tag my MP4 movies, so i don't have to download the metadata and my folders stay more organized, without jpgs, pngs and nfos everywhere, only a video file per movie. However, Emby ignores the embedded tags and searches online for its own information, or in some cases where a video that isn't a movie or series, it stays without any information at all, only the file name and thumbnail, given that all information is in the file. There's an addon that reads embedded metadata? Or can you guys add this feature?

If it's from any use:

Here's the Plex's scraper that uses these informations: https://github.com/plexinc-agents/LocalMedia.bundle

And a video that I was using to test if Emby could read the tags: https://mega.nz/#!V4lUhJDL!nsUT_DXP3dfZVKnThMyk3EXBnHNY25fZmd3Iq4hYUgI

Edited by RubeensVinicius

RubeensVinicius

Oh, cool! I updated for the last beta, and now it reads the movie title, genres, plot and date/year. Of the basics and important tags, it only lacks the poster. That's something. :D

Do you guys plan to add support for posters and more tags, like actors, studios and staff, soon?

• 1 month later...
Michael K.

Great!

I've loaded a library of MP4 movies but most of the metadata does not appear. I can only see a short description. It does not display the cover art, long description, credits, etc.  Can you assist me with this?

-Michael

Deathsquirrel

Great!

I've loaded a library of MP4 movies but most of the metadata does not appear. I can only see a short description. It does not display the cover art, long description, credits, etc.  Can you assist me with this?

-Michael

If you look in the Windows Server/General forum there is a thread at the top called How To Report A Problem.  Create a post in that thread describing your issue with the data it requests.  You'll get helped.

Great!

-Michael

Yes. In addition to what was said above, if you can provide a sample file that would be great. thanks.

Michael K.

If you look in the Windows Server/General forum there is a thread at the top called How To Report A Problem.  Create a post in that thread describing your issue with the data it requests.  You'll get helped.

Thanks for that direction. I'll post there.

Michael K.

Yes. In addition to what was said above, if you can provide a sample file that would be great. thanks.

I can provide a sample file, but first I'll need to reduce the size. I will create a clip and tag it with the metadata and post it here when it's ready.