AnyDVD alternative?

tp546

ThePaladinTech

if you just downloaded the version from the main page you probably won't have much luck. in their forums is a post that contains the latest beta. you will need to go to that post and download a new version every 30(?) days.

key is here: http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1053

Edited by ThePaladinTech

if you just downloaded the version from the main page you probably won't have much luck. in their forums is a post that contains the latest beta. you will need to go to that post and download a new version every 30(?) days.

i went on their forum and i dont see a beta anywhere - do you have a link? also, the company is shut down so i dont expect any new versions to come out.

Deathsquirrel

I also use MakeMKV.  The only issue I ever run into is those idiotic discs with a couple hundred fake, out of order tracks.  When those occur someone usually has the correct track number on the forums faster than I generally buy discs.

Koleckai Silvestri

i went on their forum and i dont see a beta anywhere - do you have a link? also, the company is shut down so i dont expect any new versions to come out.

He is talking about MakeMKV and that forum. Second and third posts in the News and Announcements thread.

Or you can just purchase MakeMKV for $50 and not worry about the keys there.

Latchmor

I use the full version of DVDFab 9 and haven't had a disk fail yet. However I've had the Lifetime licence for several years now so I've no idea how good the free version is.

mellomade

I also use MakeMKV.  The only issue I ever run into is those idiotic discs with a couple hundred fake, out of order tracks.  When those occur someone usually has the correct track number on the forums faster than I generally buy discs.

If you have a copy of PowerDVD you can easily use the MS Process Monitor to figure out which playlist is the correct one.  Just create a rule in Process monitor to filter out .mpls and start playing your movie with PowerDVD.  Once your title starts the process monitor will display the used mpls.

mellomade

It is sad to see the last commercial ripper app fail though.  Even though I switched to MakeMKV years ago - it makes me worry a bit that they might be the next target.