Marked watched not reliable with DSPlayer

puithove
Go to solution Solved by Angelblue05,

puithove

I recently started using Kodi on Windows (decided to build a livingroom gaming machine).  As such, I'm running the DSPlayer build of Kodi, so that I can use madVR.  I think this is causing some flakiness in updating the watched status on items.  I'd be willing to just say it's a side-effect of using an unofficial build, but I suspect someone using any external player might be seeing the same effect.  It seems that if I switch over to using Kodi's built-in DVDPlayer, the issue goes away.

During playback, the addon is reporting progress to my Emby server.  I can see it on the dashboard as playback in progress, and the progress bar advances as normal.  Also, if browsing to the item itself in the web interface, the item shows as being resumable, and shows the proper position.

Once reaching around the 90% mark, the server marks the item as watched.  However if you bring up the Kodi interface while playback is still going, you can see that it hasn't been marked watched in Kodi yet.

Watching the Kodi.log, I see no mention of a websocket being triggered when the server marks the item as watched (this is while playback is still in progress).

Once playback finishes and returns to the Kodi interface, the item in Kodi is still showing unwatched, and the item on the Emby server is still showing Watched (so they're not matching).  Nothing is triggered via websocket to sync the watched status back from the Emby server, and apparently nothing on the Kodi side is triggering the watched status update either.

If I then make the addon do a sync (either by restarting Kodi, or by launching the addon menu and telling it to sync), then the watched status syncs back from the Emby server and is updated in Kodi.

I would think that even if nothing on the Kodi side is marking the item as watched, that the change should still be syncing back from Emby via websocket.  Maybe this is not happening because the websocket isn't listening while playback is still in progress?  I dunno.

I have two logs comparing the difference of what happens between using the internal DVDPlayer and DSPlayer.

In both cases you can see "EMBY KodiMonitor -> Method: Player.OnSeek" which is me seeking to near the end of the file.

Angelblue05

I think it's the same reason the resume doesn't currently work between devices... I'll be looking into it a bit later today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

puithove

Cool, let me know if I can help with testing or log collecting.  If it's not saving the progress in Kodi, it'd definitely be affecting the resume.

Angelblue05

Can you give this build a try? Let me know if it behaves better for the watched status.

Note, there's views modifications in this build that I'm about to release. You may need to recreate your home shortcuts.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

puithove

That's much better.  Spent a bit of time skipping to the end and watching the progress as before.  Emby marked it watched first, then when playback stopped, I could see in the log where the addon saw the userdata update, and updated the local Kodi database.  Worked every time in my several iterations of testing.  Looks good now, I'll keep using it and let you know if I see any issues.

Thanks for mentioning the shortcut change - I would have been lost for a minute :)  I did have to change mine.  When I did - I noticed a couple duplicates.

Like here in Marcel's smart shortcuts:

56cef67b3e191_smart.png

And here under video library:

56cef6964ab7d_video.png

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Can you try something, launch the emby add-on refresh playlist and video nodes. Let me know if it removes the duplicate or not. Thanks.

puithove

Can you try something, launch the emby add-on refresh playlist and video nodes. Let me know if it removes the duplicate or not. Thanks.

Cool, it sure does.  Hadn't used that one before.

Thanks!

• Like 1