Emby for Kodi addon- Library sync thread has exited

kro
Go to solution Solved by Angelblue05,

hello

i have this "Library sync thread has exited" error message with emby for kodi's initial sync

it appears a few seconds after i launch kodi, so i guess it's not even waiting for any timeout ?

(i've already tried to reduce the max items to request from the server at once to 50 though)

emby is proxied behind apache on the server, and ssl is forced. the connexion seems to work (i have the "welcome [emby username]" message)

i join kodi log to this message. there's a suspicious error message related to ssl : 

SNIMissingWarning: An HTTPS request has been made, but the SNI (Subject Name Indication) extension to TLS is not available on this platform. This may cause the server to present an incorrect TLS certificate, which can cause validation failures.

maybe the error would have something to do ? i don't know how to fix it though. (platform is windows 10 btw)

i found this related topic but now it's locked : http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/30859-emby-for-kodi-addon-library-sync-thread-has-exited

thanks for any help !

kodi.log

Edited by kro

Angelblue05

Hmm... Can you enable add-on log level set to debug, just so I can see your server response? Thanks

In the add-on settings > Emby > HTTPS, do you have verify host ssl enabled? 

I don't think it's working, because nothing else pass the "server is online phase" seems to return a response....

Edited by Angelblue05

thanks for your help !

Hmm... Can you enable add-on log level set to debug, just so I can see your server response? Thanks

sure, here it is

i disabled verify host ssl, but it doesnt change anything. i activated it on this last log.

kodi_debug.log

• Like 1

• Solution
Angelblue05

@@kro

Can you give this build a try? I hope I got it right... I don't really like dealing with https.... so complex... anyway, can you post a new debug log if it still doesn't work? Thanks. :)

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1