[FR] Screensaver Colors

JoshuaAJones

JoshuaAJones

Luke, please throw this towards the bottom of the list.

I've noticed that a lot of the screensavers have inordinate amounts of white near the bottom corner. Sometimes, I can't even see the name of the movie.

I would like to see the titles in another color, perhaps Emby green by default.

Just a suggestion...

I don't think that a color wheel or random color changes would be necessary. Just something a little more noticeable.

Edited by JoshuaAJones
  • Like 1

jscoys

In fact you will have the same problem with green backgrounds. My suggestion is to add borders on letters displayed (black borders for instance). With that the problem is permanently resolved.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
mentasm

Why not just use the movie/show logo instead of the title text like the emby for wmc screensaver does.  It looks so much better

Koleckai Silvestri

Just make sure all your content has a valid thumbnail. Usually you just have to paste the clearart on top of your favorite backdrop to accomplish this. Then you don't have to worry about the white text at all.

jscoys

One more thing to consider: logos are not localized in all languages...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Deathsquirrel

Why not just use the movie/show logo instead of the title text like the emby for wmc screensaver does.  It looks so much better

Logos are also often just white too so that will just change what movies have the issue.

AdrianW

EMC uses logos if they exist otherwise white text - but in both cases it has some light grey shadowing behind.

Deathsquirrel

I can't think of one logo/clearart I've seen recently which is just white

I just did a quick search for logo.png on a drive with about 250 movies & about 15% of the results were hard or impossible to read on a white background.  Your mileage may very of course.

mentasm

Ok so... White text with black outline... We all agree?

nah.  Logo/cleartext with drop shadow

nah.  Logo/cleartext with drop shadow

Make names optional, its a fun drinking game, guess the title! Which gives way to a fun plugin, quick somebody make the plugin for guess the title.