Kodi asking to Scan Muisc Tags

vmcosco

vmcosco

Updated to Jarvis yesterday and everything is working great. I know the music library stuff changed in Jarvis. Now, each time I enter Music on Kodi I get a message stating that Music must be scanned to read tag information and asked if I want to. I have said no up to this point because I didn't want to mess up my music database. Since I keep saying no, it keeps popping up.

What should I do?

Edited by vmcosco

Angelblue05

Thanks for the screenshot. It does not come from the add-on. Maybe marcelveldt will have a better idea of what should be done. :) Otherwise you could always try to do a reset of your local database via the add-on, and let your content rescan, maybe this will help make the message go away permanently...

vmcosco

I assumed it was coming from Kodi which is exactly why I didn't say "yes". Since Emby is managing my database, I thought letting Kodi scan anything might be a very bad idea.

• Like 1

yardameus

Is your music library set to read local information only?  I can't remember if music asks for this, but I have this set anywhere I can.

vmcosco

Is your music library set to read local information only?  I can't remember if music asks for this, but I have this set anywhere I can.

There is an option to read tag information. I have that set.

I ran the scan. Doesn't seem to have had any ill effects.