FR: DNLA profile - automatic creation

jordy

Hello @@Luke,

I have a Panasonic DMP-BDT360 Blu-Ray Player which I cannot create a workable DNLA Profile for. I've used a UPnP "Device Spy" to get the necessary DNLA information from the player but none of it will work. The silly thing is, that Emby sees it as a "Play to" device and I can send anything to it via that method.

If Emby can see it on the network and give it the correct name and be able to direct play or stream stuff to it, It must therefore follow that Emby "knows" how to talk to it.

My feature request is for Emby to be able to convert this knowledge into a DNLA profile which will guarantee proper recognition when playback is initiated from the Blu-Ray player interface. If such a thing could be worked out, it think would solve most everyone's DNLA profile issues.

Thanks

hey @@anderbytes, yeah me too re the importance. I saw your topic after I posted mine. It seems (but is probably not) simple, but Emby must have all the necessary connection info somewhere to be able to "Play to" a piece of AV equipment which doesn't have a valid profile, even knowing that it can support DTS Audio. We can only hope.