Empty folders bug

steve179

steve179

Hi

A bug / regression seems to have made it's way into the Emby plugin for Kodi.  Unfortunately since I only update on occasion I can't pinpoint exactly which version of the Emby plugin the problem started.

Issue being:

1) There is one remaining TV episode in a folder, I watch this and move it to another folder;

2) Next time Emby server updates the library the folder still appears in Kodi containing no episodes.

What used to happen is that the empty folder would not be shown.  If I rebuild the emby database in Kodi the empty folder disappears.

I have made no recent changes to the Emby or Kodi configuration.  In particular the sync empty shows options in the Kodi plugin is unticked (and always has been).  I'm uncertain if it make a difference but I have the fast sync plugin enabled.

Thanks.

Steve

Angelblue05

I can't reproduce. I removed episodes from a tv show (all the episodes so it's an empty folder) and the tv show was removed from Kodi. Do you have the Kodi log from that time? Let me know.

Edited by Angelblue05

steve179

Thanks for the reply Angelblue05.

Not sure if it makes a difference in terms of the syncing but I don't leave my boxes on 24/7.  So I move the last episode so the folder is empty, emby server syncs sometime later when Kodi is closed.  I open Kodi and there is an emtpy folder.

I will replicate the issue and post logs tomorrow.

Cheers again foir the help.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Hm, a log would tell us more for sure. The current process is when we receive a notification to remove an episode, it will also verify two things: If the season is empty, it will remove it from Kodi, if the tvshow is empty, it will remove the tv show entry. So regardless of if Kodi was offline or not at the time of the file removal, it should still work...