How to let Kodi display your library same as web client

Abobader
Go to solution Solved by Angelblue05,

Good day,

I will start using kodi for emby full time now, well done dev's team, great work indeed.

I notice that I can not get my library as I do with web client, I have library like: Movies, old movie, animation ... etc., but I only see movies, tv at kody, any settings I should look at?

Thanks in advanced.

My best

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Oh my goodness. It's Abo!

Which skin are you using? If you are using confluence, you will need to use another Kodi skin to do what you want as default Confluence doesn't give the option to add additional homescreen shortcuts.

You'll find all your Emby shortcuts via the launching the emby add-on (Videos > video add-ons > emby) or in your video playlists. The way Kodi works is you need to create your home screen shortcuts (main menu or submenus) that points to your Emby shortcuts. I made a quick tutorial here, check the "Create home shortcuts" and follow the pics (It starts off in the Kodi settings): http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/26121-tutorial-how-to-set-up-kodi/

Let me know if you need more help! :)

• Like 1

Well done buddy!

Ok, it also on the default theme, under video > library I can display that, well done.

But I see it do not support Arabic, as you see here:

56cb912748776_20160223_14703.jpg

56cb914f4667a_20160223_15011.jpg

Good guide btw and well done.

Sorry for sounding newbie to all this, I been using kodi for emby from time to time just for testing.

Thanks in advanced.

My best

• Like 1

• Solution
Angelblue05

You are using Confluence - To make it more convenient rather than always navigate to video add-ons > add-ons, you can make direct links to your home screen. But for this, you'll need to use a different skin. :)

Ok, right now, it must not be using a unicode safe font. So go to Kodi settings > Appearance > Fonts > Select Arial Based (I think it's the one that will display international characters) Let me know if that works.

• Like 1

Well done!

Great support indeed!

All fine now, I will start another thread for one issue regarding duplicating some library, again well done.

• Like 1