Can't get server to install

khodges747

shadrach47

I tried to install it again after giving up for a few days. Guess what, it worked! I'm now able to install it with no issues. Not sure what changed, but maybe give it another try now.

• Like 1

khodges747

I'm happy for you shadrach47.

I just tried it again, and no such luck. Same error. Maybe your ISP isn't running a proxy any more?

I've abandonned all hope.

• 5 months later...
Medium Dave

Right, hello, I know I'm being a bit of a thread necromancer here, but I had this problem, couldn't find a solution online, so I've muddled through, found something that worked for me, and thought I should leave a note somewhere on the offhcance it might help someone else.

First off, though this looks like a network issue, it ain't. I've got multiple computers in my house, and this error appeared on only one. Firewalls, AV, etc turned off, no difference.

As noted, FF etc doesn't start the ClickOnce thing - it merely downloads setup. HOwever, even once saved, ClickOnce appears to be inextricably linked to IE, so if IE's borked, it ain't going to work.

Minor observation - don't know if this is important - on the one machine that it wouldn't run on, the save dialog in IE read "open, save, cancel" rather than the "run, save cancel" I was expecting.

So, I downgraded to IE10 - no difference. Downgraded to IE9 - all fine. The save dialog is back to "Run" rather than "Open", and everything started to install. At which point I cancelled, and ireinstalled IE11 - everything was still fine. Save dialog saying "run" not "open", as expected. Everything now working, MB3 installed.

Don't know why this worked, I'm afraid, but glad it did and hope it helps someone else.

• 10 months later...
ellist

I had an issue with internet explorer trying to use a proxy when one wasn't set up. If your IE isn't working then the downloader fails. I dont use IE so didn't know it wasn't set up properly