Trouble Installing Server (Win 8.1 x64)

shadrach47

shadrach47

I'm trying to install the server on my Windows 8.1 x64 PC but the setup fails with an error. I keep getting "An error occurred trying to download 'http://www.mb3admin.com/downloads/beta/server/MediaBrowser.Server.Installer.application'." When I go to that address in Chrome, it works fine. Not sure why it wont work through the exe. I also tried to change the firewall settings but no luck. My temp drive is not on my C: if that matters. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

post-1659-0-99276100-1387560746_thumb.jpg

WWWestern

Are You log in with administrative privilegies? Also try download Setup.exe locally and use Run as administrator.

shadrach47

Are You log in with administrative privilegies? Also try download Setup.exe locally and use Run as administrator.

Yes, I have admin privileges and tried to run as administrator under compatibility but no luck. What do you mean locally? I downloaded the server setup from the site and ran it from my computer. 

I don't see an inordinate amount of bandwidth usage on the server right now or today in general.  It was higher earlier in the week with the server release.  Maybe the host is having intermittent problems, although the forum seems to be responding fine..