Native Playback: Some files detected as missing?

jhoff80

jhoff80

Before I go further in attempting to troubleshoot this issue, I was wondering, is this something anyone else has seen?  I've got the Emby addon set to use native playback, given the correct credentials for the server so that all files are accessible, and confirmed that the web client and WMP on this client PC are both able to play the file off the network.  The file name on the info page also matches correctly the name on the server.

This has happened around 5 times in the past week or so.  Strangely, one thing that seems to be fixing it is if I make a duplicate copy of the file on the network share, delete the original, and rename the second copy to what the original file name was.

I assume it's something weird going on with my server here, but figured I'd ask if anybody else was seeing anything similar before I go crazy looking at it.

jhoff80

Are the file permissions the same on both files (working and not working)?

I'll have to check that next time I see it.  They should​ be, since it's the same share, but Windows has done stranger things before. :D

jhoff80

I think maybe you were right that it was a server permissions issue.  I removed and recreated the network share so that the permissions would be re-set, and I'll have to keep an eye on it to see how it goes.

• Like 1