Server - Security

shaithis

shaithis

Could we get an "No password required if connecting from the same subnet" checkbox added to accounts please?

Seems a total hassle to use a password everytime I connect.....even when I am on the machine hosting the server!

This will help people who use emby internally and externally

anderbytes

@@Luke and @@ebr, I'll take the oportunity to suggest an improvement to this topic.

Can you allow us to configure (in each user) if he is seen or visible in internal / external networks?

It bothers me that outside my home network anyone can connect my IP and see my users (and profile photos, username...)

From internal network, there's no problem. But outside, we should be able to hide it and only accept manual input of username.

• Like 2

MSattler

@@Luke and @@ebr, I'll take the oportunity to suggest an improvement to this topic.

Can you allow us to configure (in each user) if he is seen or visible in internal / external networks?

It bothers me that outside my home network anyone can connect my IP and see my users (and profile photos, username...)

From internal network, there's no problem. But outside, we should be able to hide it and only accept manual input of username.

Good luck, I made this request before but it has never gone anywhere.

Koleckai Silvestri

have you guys seen this?

56ca9b6795f5c_Untitled.png

Doesn't satisfy the request. They want users visible on the LAN and all users hidden on the WAN.

Makes sense. When you display a user selection screen on the WAN, you give hackers half the security key to infiltrate your network.

Edited by Koleckai Silvestri
  • Like 2

Understood, but it's not as if they have zero options right now. If you want to at least get them hidden, there is a way to do it.

anderbytes

Understood, but it's not as if they have zero options right now. If you want to at least get them hidden, there is a way to do it.

Luke, that's no mandatory security issue. Ok?

I just wanted to have the ability to optimize security and privacy (in external) without having to give up on convenience (in internal).