Selecting "Trailers" crashes MBC

politby
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

politby

Suddenly, every time I select the Trailers collection in MBC I get an "invalid application" and MBC crashes. This occurs on two separate clients and regardless of which theme I use.

Clients are Windows 8, server runs on a WSE2012 system.

Logs attached.

MBClassic-20122013bb16541d992a420ab189ea0ac38c883c.log

server-63523148893.log

This started happening today. The server was updated today, no other changes have been made to the configuration.

Edited by politby

WWWestern

Was with my system under windows 7, deleting the file displaypreferences.db fixed the trouble.

From Your MBC log:

2013-12-20 06:12:51.8586,Error,,Invalid view type stored for Trailers.  Setting to Poster.,1,Application

It was exactly this same message.

Edited by WWWestern

Make sure your translations on the server match the ones on the MBC machine (not 100% this will matter).

Also, make sure the Trailers plug-in is up-to date.

politby

Thanks, but unfortunately deleting that file only made things worse. "Cannot start Mediabrowser". Had to restore the file.

Also tried restoring a week-old version of the same file in case it was the source of the problem, but that didn't help either. 

politby

Make sure your translations on the server match the ones on the MBC machine (not 100% this will matter).

Also, make sure the Trailers plug-in is up-to date.

Well as I haven't changed anything I doubt the translations matter.

Uninstalling and reinstalling the Trailers plugin didn't help either. 

Seems like the problem originates on the server since it affects all clients?

• Solution

I'm pretty sure the translations are the problem.  Did you by chance bring up a copy of MBC without your translations and set the view on the Trailers collection with that?

I think what is happening is it is trying to set the view and the type that is stored doesn't match what you have translated that to in your translation file.

• Like 1

politby

I'm pretty sure the translations are the problem.  Did you by chance bring up a copy of MBC without your translations and set the view on the Trailers collection with that?

I think what is happening is it is trying to set the view and the type that is stored doesn't match what you have translated that to in your translation file.

Thanks for that. I removed my main localization file (strings-sv.xml) and that fixed the error. I changed the view setting, exited MBC and put the file back. Problem is gone!

Now, the last time I changed anything in that localization file was 4 days ago, So one of the the updates I installed today - I forgot there was both a server and a MBC update - must have caused this.