A few questions

squirrellydw

squirrellydw

So first off WOW, Emby is great.  I have been a long time Plex Pass user and I love Plex and never had any issues with it.  The problem is they don't support Live TV natively so I thought I would try Emby and blown away with it.  You might have a new Premier member soon.  Anyhow a few questions.

1. I have my media (Movies and TV Shows) setup and TV Show are great but the Movies not all the data downloaded, almost like it just stopped.  I tried rescanning but still nothing, any idea?

2. When clicking on TV shows and Movies instead of it going to "Suggestions" how do you select it to show them all automatically?

3. I run Emby off my unRAID server, and I have my Mac Mini hooked up to my TV.  Is there an Emby program I can run on the Mac Mini instead of using the Browser?

4. When browsing my Movies can I increase how many show up on a page, for example Show All?

Thanks for any help.  Really liking it so far

Edited by squirrellydw

Deathsquirrel

1. Probably one of two things, your organization/naming is preventing identification or there is already metadata saved in the folder and emby can't process it.  Post a screenshot of the folder containing a problem movie that show the contents of that folder including the movie file name.

Not currently configurable.  Check out the custom css forum, perhaps it can be done that way.

No though eventually I would expect Emby Theater to get ported.  During its beta it's Windows-only.

Not currently configurable.  Check out the custom css forum, it can definitely be done that way.

• Like 1

squirrellydw

I will check this out when I get home.  Another question, I was using Plex, still am for somethings for now.  

5. Can Emby read the metadata from my files like Plex does?

6. I noticed when I looked at some folders I now have a bunch of NFO and JPG files.  What are the NFO files used for?  Can these be put in a separate folder?

squirrellydw

1. Probably one of two things, your organization/naming is preventing identification or there is already metadata saved in the folder and emby can't process it.  Post a screenshot of the folder containing a problem movie that show the contents of that folder including the movie file name.
  2. Not currently configurable.  Check out the custom css forum, perhaps it can be done that way.
  3. No though eventually I would expect Emby Theater to get ported.  During its beta it's Windows-only.
  4. Not currently configurable.  Check out the custom css forum, it can definitely be done that way.

Thank you, I think the problem with number one was a permissions issue.

6. I noticed when I looked at some folders I now have a bunch of NFO and JPG files.  What are the NFO files used for?  Can these be put in a separate folder?

There is an option to not save them with the media but we recommend you DO save them with the media. Otherwise, any time you re-install the server or move the media all the data has to be re-acquired and re-built.

There is also an option to save them as hidden files.  I would suggest using that instead.

squirrellydw

thanks I will go with the hidden feature.  So on average how much space does this take up?  Since I have been using Plex for so long I think that it's all kept in the metadata of the files so I never really gave that a thought?

Deathsquirrel

It mostly comes down to the size of the picture files.  For example, the metadata and images for Spectre run me about 4MB.  You might choose to download a different number of backdrops or skip over thumb and disc images and get a different number...but it won't be much.

squirrellydw

OK I gave my self access to delete but still no option to delete the file

Edited by squirrellydw

squirrellydw

downloaded the emby app for IOS but it won't connect, I can see the server but I can't connect to it.  Any idea?  I have not paid for anything yet, just checking it out.

Is your emby server running? how did you try to login, using the emby connect feature, or manually directly to your server?