Collections keep adding thumbnails??

XiaNYdE

XiaNYdE

I've been going through adding movies into collections and for some reason there is a random thumbnail being generated every time the library scans, the thumbnail is being taken from one of the movies contained in each of the collections. I don't have thumbnails checked in the image metadata for collections and if i delete them they come straight back after the next library scan. Not sure if this is an issue or if i have done something to cause it, any help would be appreciated.

Deathsquirrel

Make sure you have at least one backdrop downloaded for the collection and it will generate the thumb off that if a thumb doesn't exist.

XiaNYdE

Make sure you have at least one backdrop downloaded for the collection and it will generate the thumb off that if a thumb doesn't exist.

Should it not be generating thumbnails at all considering i don't have it checked in image metadata?? Regardless i tried your suggestion and it doesn't work.... i added a backdrop to the 'Alien / Predator Total Destruction Collection' and it generated a thumbnail from the first alien movie when the next library scan ran.

XiaNYdE

Can you show a screenshot that demonstrates the issue?

Sure luke, here you go...

56ca8d90ac4bb_20160222_152115.jpg

as you can see it's generating a thumb for the first alien movie... and below you can see i do not have thumbs checked in the settings so imo it should not be downloading or generating any thumbs for collections at all.

56ca8de901f50_20160222_152358.jpg

XiaNYdE

have you tried just assigning your own thumb?

I just added the backdrop as a thumb and that worked fine, but i didn't want thumbs at all for collections, they are too hard to find for most collections and i don't have the time to make them all, i don't really use a thumb display for them hence i had it unchecked in meta. I am just confused as to why it's generating them.