cCloud TV channel for emby?

Guest imemby

Guest imemby

can anyone make channel for cCloud TV. It's an open source project i hope that helps thanks in advance their website 

ccloudtv.org

Guest imemby

i sent the owner an email and he said he is looking for developer to create channel for emby. The above link he said is out of date. He also said he is willing to work with developer to provide data in any format. His name is Bane and email is ccloudus@.com thanks.

Guest imemby

just got email from him and he said he is willing to provide m3u playlist with any feature request only if developer contact him directly. His email is ccloudus@.com and name is Bane thanks.

radeon

I'm pretty sure that ccloud gathers/has submitted from users streams from various sources which aren't exactly the most reputable/legal out there and whilst I can't speak for them, going off my own experiences, I think the emby main devs would want to keep their noses clean and keep out of this and quite rightly so.

I have an app which collects streams from the various different kodi plugins and emby's current m3u tuner facility doesn't really handle cclouds ones so well. I think im right in saying that the streams all get passed through ffmpeg and it's a little sporadic with them at best. I know of a couple of lists that it work great but i don't think here is the place to be talking about such things! 

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Has there been any advancement on this?

Cheers

We already support m3u playback so you should be able to just use that.

I see. Well I don't know all of the details but I personally would suggest a better strategy because doing it that way is going to require customized support for ccloudtv for any app to be able to integrate it. Like for example, if the m3u urls are unique for every ccloud user, then they could do certain things like limiting number of ip addresses or devices that are allowed to access it. Just an idea obviously.