I am not sure I can help but here goes...
When you link a genre in the Genre Cleaner Plugin it puts the linked Genres in brackets ().
For example for TV I have Music & Musical linked which looks like this: "Music (Musical)"
According to your screenshot you have War, War & Politics, Adventure, Drama, War which looks like this:
"War (War & Politics, Adventure, Drama, War)"
I see two major problems with this:
- You already have the Adventure genre set as follows "Adventure ( Adventure)" note the preceding space
This seems like a conflict to me as the cleaner is trying to merge adventure under both the Adventure and War genres.
I have no idea if this is normal but if it isn't it may be the cause of your issue.
- War is listed twice and there is nothing unique about either - same spelling, capitalization and no preceding space.
The act of forcing a refresh (the "Refresh Metadata" button) on a movie with internet metadata enabled and nothing disabled under Metadata > Advanced means that you want to replace all the metadata for that movie with what is currently on TMDB. This will wipe your custom genres.
Seeing as you only have a few movies that you manually set genres for and your Genre Cleaner looks pretty messed up at the moment I would do the following:
- Reset the Genre Cleaner. I am not sure how to do this but @ebr or @Luke will be able to tell you if this is a good idea and how to do it.
- Do a full metadata refresh for all your movies from the internet (TMDB). I only have about 800 movies so maybe that is not enough to be exposed to some of the inconsistencies in the TMDB metadata but yours are far worse than mine - I don't have any movie genres to merge.
- Once you have that done manually set the genres for the handful of movies you want to set using the MBS Metadata Manager. Make sure you manually turn off overwriting the genre by scrolling down to the bottom and turning genres to "off" for each of the movies you don't want changed. This will stop Genres being overwritten when you click "Refresh Metadata"
Edited by cylon, 23 December 2013 - 10:43 AM.