Slow Music Scan

JDizzy
Go to solution Solved by Angelblue05,

I am probably pushing this to the limit.

Setup is Kodi running on FireTV with Emby plugin. I have all Kodi data saved to usb thumb drive due to limited FireTV storage.

I have about 15000 songs that get scanned in from Emby but it is taking about .5 to 1 minute per song which is maddening to say the least. I aborted and have been running the native Kodi music database. Movies seem to scan fairly quick.

I am wondering if anyone else is using a thumb drive and/or experiencing this?

• Solution
Angelblue05

If you don't care about ID3 tags (song rating) being imported to Kodi, you should disable the option in the add-on settings > sync option > Import song rating directly from file. Then try the initial sync again, it should be much faster. 

If you don't care about ID3 tags (song rating) being imported to Kodi, you should disable the option in the add-on settings > sync option > Import song rating directly from file. Then try the initial sync again, it should be much faster. 

Ok, thanks, that did the trick.

Still took over 1 hour to build initial database and crashed several times during this process.

I read a few other items in Kodi forums and it might have been a case of Kodi falling asleep during the initial build... hmmm

At any rate, thanks for your help.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Yeah... Sleep terminates the connection in Kodi to your server, therefore crashing the syncing process.

I think I just found a built-in kodi function that prevents the system from shutting down on idle... I will have to test and see if it works for us. I have tried everything else I could think of... I'm just not certain it affects sleep or something else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05

Ha ha... thought about starting a movie on client and then updating database at same time... thinking it might keep it awake.... I did sit there for a fair amount of time clicking around in Kodi to keep it's attention during the build. You never know....

Again, thanks