Complete Resync speed difference between menues

Tranquil

Tranquil

Hello Forum.

Not a real bug, but I noticed during complete sync, it is much faster if I keep staying in the settings menu as in the home menu. Nearly by a factor of 100%.

Using Titan theme. My complete library now syncs in less then 15 minutes where it took more the 30 before (Same version).

xnappo

That is interesting.  I wonder if the nextup widgets etc are constantly looking for updates if you are on the home screen slowing it down..

• Like 1

xnappo

If you don't mind testing - could you try doing the sync with Confluence as the active skin and comparing?

Edited by xnappo
  • Like 1

Just tried this on the device I've been having trouble with in the other thread (given it only does a couple of movies/episodes second at most, any speed increase should be quite noticeable). Using my scientific method of how long it took to do 30 movies:

Kodi Homepage - 34 seconds.

Kodi Settings - 24 seconds

Definitely seems to be faster, Kodi 15.2 using Confluence skin

marcelveldt

That is interesting. I wonder if the nextup widgets etc are constantly looking for updates if you are on the home screen slowing it down..

No, they should only update after the db commit. I think kodi is throttling something?

Tranquil

Same library: 13:39 minutes with confluence. Doesn't matter which menu I opened. All the nearly same speed. So it's a titan thing. Maybe a thread blocking shared Ressource!?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G925F mit Tapatalk

Angelblue05

In Aeon Nox, I do not see a difference between syncing while on home screen vs settings screen. Takes 3min 26 seconds in both cases.