Playback Issues

amura11
Go to solution Solved by Angelblue05,

I have Emby for Kodi installed but now I can't get files to playback. If I try to watch any of my media it gives me a playlist error (something like "Can't find next file", computer is running effing Windows Updates so I can't check right now). I looked through the logs and it can't seem to find my files.

Looking through the forums it was suggested I try opening the file path in explorer. So I opened explorer and entered: 

\\192.168.1.115\data\movies\Animation Pack 1 720p BDRip XViD AC3-LEGi0N\9 2009 720p BDRip XViD AC3-LEGi0N\9 2009 720p BDRip XViD AC3-LEGi0N.avi

and it found the file and started playing it in VLC. So it doesn't seem to be a credentials issues.

I've attached part of my log file where I tried to open a few movies files. If the full log is needed I can post it as well.

General Info

-Kodi 15.2 on Windows 7

-Emby 3.0.5782.0 on Ubuntu Server 14.04LTS

Kodi-log.txt

xnappo

This is the path it is trying to play:

/data/movies/Animation Pack 1 720p BDRip XViD AC3-LEGi0N/9 2009 720p BDRip XViD AC3-LEGi0N/9 2009 720p BDRip XViD AC3-LEGi0N.avi]

So the path substitution is not set up right somehow.

This is the path it is trying to play:

/data/movies/Animation Pack 1 720p BDRip XViD AC3-LEGi0N/9 2009 720p BDRip XViD AC3-LEGi0N/9 2009 720p BDRip XViD AC3-LEGi0N.avi]

So the path substitution is not set up right somehow.

That makes sense, though what would it need to be? Should the path substitution be the IP of my server (eg. 192.168.1.115)?

• Solution
Angelblue05

You'll do a path substitution in the emby library > path substitution

To: \\ipaddress\data\

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05

You'll do a path substitution in the emby library > path substitution

To: \\ipaddress\data\;

Grrr tapatalk really needs to fix backward slashes...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh! That makes sense. One last dumb question, will path substitution if I use my internal IP will that effect players (MediaBrowser, Web Player) outside of my network? I don't have external access setup yet but I plan to.

Also thanks for all the help, it's really appreciated! Enjoy a beer, or chocolate, or chocolate beer (?) on me  :D

used my super mod powers for ya

Super%20Troopers%20Shenanigans%2001.jpg?

Edited by amura11
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

There are no dumb questions lol :) (eww no chocolate beer... hah, thanks!)

Changing it to IP will not affect your external access. The library path only matters so Emby/and other apps knows where your library is located inside your network. You access your content externally via your emby server, therefore as long as your content is found internally by the server, it will work.

Edited by Angelblue05