Can't search the MB2 site the forum that is closed

One2Go

I am a bit dissapointed that the vast amount of helpful hints and answers from the closed forum can't be searched. I get the dreaded picture of the bug and the admission that it is MBs fault. Anything that can be done to not just loose the years of valuable information?

Search has been broken on the MB2 site for a very long time and cannot be fixed. I would suggest using google to search the site if you need to dig out info.

Brendon

If i remember correctly i read somewhere all that was going bye bye on Dec 31, due to costs etc... so i would hurry and grab what you need. I may be wrong though, sure luke or ebr will be able to correct me if i am.

I am a bit dissapointed that the vast amount of helpful hints and answers from the closed forum can't be searched. I get the dreaded picture of the bug and the admission that it is MBs fault. Anything that can be done to not just loose the years of valuable information?

Yea, can you pledge about $120 per month? That is roughly what Sam has been paying to keep the CT alive. If yes I will be glad to connect the two of you so that you can foot the bill.

techywarrior

I already spidered the site and have about 800 mb of cached HTML files but when ebr went to create the subdomain for me to upload it to was when he accidentally broke the mb3 forum and no one has since bothered to create the subdomain.

I'm not going to delete the archive I have but I don't know how complete it will be or how useful until I can actually put it somewhere. If it doesn't work well and the MB2 site is gone we can't do anything... if it works then great, no rush.

Good day,

Really I do not see the need for searching MB2 site, since no update going to be, it MB3 and members really need to focus on that.

MB3 is way different now of the way it handle things, so better all be MB3.

My best

I kinda agree with Abo here.  I'm afraid most of the information out there would be mis-information at this point.

I'm sure there is some stuff that isn't but going through all of that and finding it isn't something I will ever spend any time on.

Koleckai Silvestri

In Google Chrome's address bar type:

site:community.mediabrowser.tv keywords

e.g.

site:community.mediabrowser.tv backdrops

It will give you results limited to that site. After the site is shut down on the 31st, you will still be able to access it via Google Cache as well.

Works at google.com as well.

Edited by Wayne Luke

Most of the guys that are still around manually transferred over many of their image sets over to this forum. Unfortunately many are no longer around and things like that will be lost. Wish they were still active and would transfer them to this forum, but not much we can do about that.

Good day,

Really I do not see the need for searching MB2 site, since no update going to be, it MB3 and members really need to focus on that.

MB3 is way different now of the way it handle things, so better all be MB3.

My best

Some things have not changed and are version independent, such as graphics, icons, PS & structural guides & PS Action scripts, it was information to complete the MB experience not just the underlying nuts and bolts of the version specific program. I understand that their is additional cost involved. My comment was more along the line not of MB2 centric but contribute to the MB experience as a solution.

Judging from the event when Deja News was bought out by Google it will take many years before the data and information of the MB2 site will become irrelanvent. Until then I guess most of the guys that contributed to the look and feel of the MB experience can be consulted here.

Edited by On2Go