Dual NICs

breezytm

breezytm

Hey guys, 

I have two NICs in my nas box and it seems like after the last two Emby updates, Emby began broadcasting itself with both IPs. Is that something new? Was that a bug? If it was can you guys please fix it. If it's not, can you guys please make it optional.

Regards, 

Koleckai Silvestri

I think this has more to do with the broadcast looking for servers rather than a change in the server. My server has two NICs as well. One is 10.0.0.5 and the other is currently 10.0.0.143. I can access the server via either IP address. However, my clients still point to 10.0.0.5 and receive media without issue.

I think this has more to do with the broadcast looking for servers rather than a change in the server. My server has two NICs as well. One is 10.0.0.5 and the other is currently 10.0.0.143. I can access the server via either IP address. However, my clients still point to 10.0.0.5 and receive media without issue.

Yea exactly because we don't actually pick an ip address to bind to, instead we bind to what's called Ip.Any which allows emby to receive traffic on it's port no matter which ip address you use.

breezytm

The problem is I used that port for something specific and I noticed family members are using it for Emby. I get two server icons in the app and they click on which ever one the cursor lands on first. It never used to show on both NICs. I think I saw another post of someone complaining about the same thing exact thing recently. 

Koleckai Silvestri

Hmmm, my client apps remember the server and the first thing the family sees is the user selection screen.

• 3 months later...