Weird Bug After Video Ends

mottsen

When watching a movie or tv show on my Fire TV, I have an issue that seems to be related to starting playback from a spot other than the start of the video.  What will happen is after the video ends, the screen cuts to black and you hear maybe 2-3 seconds of audio from where the video originally started from.  Then the audio cuts out and the screen just stays black.  Now if I'm not really paying attention, it seems like once the video plays through to the end a second time (guesstimated) the video fully ends and I go back to my library.  This seems to be only happening on my Fire TV and not with the samsung smartv app, either of the two blu-ray players that get media through DLNA or just watching videos through Chrome.

I honestly don't really know where to start to try and figure out what exactly is causing this bug, so I'm open to all suggestions.

• 1 month later...
epayson85

Having the same issue... It always happened on. My fire TV stick but I guess that makes sense since that always transcodes. Now on the 4k firetv and Nexus player I just happened to be playing something that needed to transcode and this same thing happened. There any idea when this will be resolved?

Happy2Play

I believe it has to do with the type of transcoding being done and ebr stated above (http vs hls)

epayson85

Well how does it determine which is being done for each media file / when can we see it be fixed?  I found another series I have that the firetv also transcodes but that works perfectly fine.

The issue will occur randomly and manifest differently in different situations.  It has to do with dynamically attempting to convert one format to HLS (the streaming format used in the current release app).

The beta version of the app uses a different transcoding format so this should no longer happen.