Netflix On TV Gets A Major Makeover

TerryMc

Koleckai Silvestri

Interfaces are getting simpler and getting rid of a lot of extra weight. This makes them more usable over the long term. We hear phrases like Flat Design, Metro, etc... But they have a lot in common in getting content whether it is text or media into the spotlight.

There will be a lot of similarities over time. If you think this is similar to Media Browser, you should look at Hulu's interfaces. Google could take some hints with their Youtube interface.

Edited by Wayne Luke

Airbender

Hi it seems they actually got the idea from hulu + and added so many features 

but the new changes works great in ROKU3 but ROKU 2XS has old feature

hansolo77

I didn't realize this wasn't the norm.  I just installed the Netflix app on my Xbox 360 last night and it already looks like that.  I assumed that was how the Xbox version looked.  I really liked it actually, looked a lot like Media Browser, with backdrops and everything.  I wonder if they plan on releasing this updated app on mine and my dad's BluRay player.  They both SUCK really bad, to the point they're unusable.  Thanks for the info!

• 2 weeks later...
marinasmart

May I actually organize my netflix data with WB 3? I was under impression that it's possible, but I might've been wrong as well.

Thanks in advance

Koleckai Silvestri

I hope you find your answers. I haven't used Netflix via an HTPC. The device hooked to my television is a Roku 3. Netflix looks good using that but it is fueled with a Gigabit Ethernet cable as well.

Probably a noob question but I've been out of the loop a bit. I built my htpc probably about 5+ years ago and 99% of time it's been mostly problem free for me, hence I've never really needed to fiddle or mess with it.

So anyways, about the netflix apps, I've noticed that both the server and theater add ons both have plug ins for netflix. My question is for theater, (although is general enough for me to post to general forums, IMO).

Is the quality the same as wmc netflix app? I recently purchased a chromecast and immediately noticed the image difference from my htpc.

I'm aware of netflix limitations(silverlight) within wmc.

I haven't installed MB3 yet on main htpc.