Replacing MCM metadata and files with MB3's choices

Luke

I guess just try it, and if you stumble, let us know. That's the best way for us to get feedback to improve it.

HoosierDaddy

Hi, I'm new to MB3 but had been using MB2 for years.

With MB2 I used MediaCenter Master to get the metadata and various pictures. If MB2 had that ability I was not aware or maybe just copied what someone else was doing at the time.

Anyway, I see that MB3 has the ability to get metadata, poster, backgrounds, etc. and I deleted those from a few of the movies in my libray to see what MB3 would do. I was very happy to see it found and downloaded everything needed and did a better job than MCM did. Structure wise the only difference I noticed is that MCM created a folder.jpg while MB3 used a different name.

I would like to have MB3 do its thing for all the movies in the library but not sure of the best way to do that. I'm a little nervous about just deleting the old files in case there are some MB3 has a problem with.

And I know that MCM needed human intervention on more than 10% of the movies even when the folder name was the exact (or as close as file names permit) title of the movie followed by the year in parens. And I can't find documentation on how MB3 deals with problem titles.

So what's the best way to replace all the MCM retrieved metadata and files with MB3's choices?

And going forward, how do I find out which new folders MB3 has problems with so I can resolve them?

TIA