Do I need to buy the app for each device?

rstaad

I recently purchased the app from my iPhone. When I try to use the app on my iPad I am prompted to make the one time purchase or get a premiere account. Do I need to purchase the app for each device?

legallink

Do you have the same apple account on each device?  If so, you shouldn't have to purchase it for each device.  You should be able to restore the purchase.

jscoys

You've got to be on the same network as your server, launch the app one time, and after you won't be prompt to buy the app on your iPad anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
AmericanCrisis

My friend wants to purchase the Emby app for their iPad (they use an Emby Connect account to gain access to my server) but is getting the prompt "Do you want to buy one Unlock Playback for $4.99?"

This indicates to me that it doesn't fully unlock the app right? Does it really only unlock the app for a single playback?

My friend wants to purchase the Emby app for their iPad (they use an Emby Connect account to gain access to my server) but is getting the prompt "Do you want to buy one Unlock Playback for $4.99?"

This indicates to me that it doesn't fully unlock the app right? Does it really only unlock the app for a single playback?

Hi, no, that prompt is displayed by Apple so we can't control it. Unlock Playback is the name of the in-app product, so that's just how it ends up appearing. playback will be unlocked permanently.

• Like 1

Hello guys, I am a supporting customer of your service.

My problem is with the  iOS devices as of right now. I can smoothly play my movies/tv on my ipad iphone (i have NOT bought "unlock" on the device), while my wife and kids can not paly on their IOS devices what can be the reason?

It says that they have to pay to unlock this feature ?? But did i not pay for that feat. when i starting "supporting you guys?"

(do they need to pay for every device, in the family?)

However, I was wondering if you have any time frame for when offiline viewing of the IOS device is launched? (And Emby for applet TV 4, will the app be locked to premium users?) - I know this is a hard question but i really want to try the offline feat. before buying the lifetime.

thank you - keep the competitors emby!

Hello guys, I am a supporting customer of your service.

My problem is with the  iOS devices as of right now. I can smoothly play my movies/tv on my ipad iphone (i have NOT bought "unlock" on the device), while my wife and kids can not paly on their IOS devices what can be the reason?

It says that they have to pay to unlock this feature ?? But did i not pay for that feat. when i starting "supporting you guys?"
(do they need to pay for every device, in the family?)

However, I was wondering if you have any time frame for when offiline viewing of the IOS device is launched? (And Emby for applet TV 4, will the app be locked to premium users?) - I know this is a hard question but i really want to try the offline feat. before buying the lifetime.

thank you - keep the competitors emby!

Hi, welcome. Are you sure you didn't purchase the unlock? Maybe you did and you don't remember? Or do you have Emby Premiere?

MrL0c0

Hi, welcome. Are you sure you didn't purchase the unlock? Maybe you did and you don't remember? Or do you have Emby Premiere?

i have Emby Premiere on my server.

and i did not purchase the unlock feat. on my phone dont have a card hooked up to my icloud at all.

legallink

Are they trying to access it on home when they are on Wifi?  You should simply have to open the app on the same LAN and login to the server once.  I believe that is all.

i have Emby Premiere on my server.

and i did not purchase the unlock feat. on my phone dont have a card hooked up to my icloud at all.

Does your payment email address match your Emby Connect email? If so, then sign in with Emby Connect.

MrL0c0

Does your payment email address match your Emby Connect email? If so, then sign in with Emby Connect.

in the server yes not in the app on the ios (allso in the web interface, cant play videos. gets error  on a osx safari)

Are they trying to access it on home when they are on Wifi?  You should simply have to open the app on the same LAN and login to the server once.  I believe that is all.

not working... even on the same network

in the server yes not in the app on the ios (allso in the web interface, cant play videos. gets error  on a osx safari)

not working... even on the same network

You said you have Emby Premiere so how would it not match? You only have one Emby Premiere. Sign in with Emby Connect using that same email address.

MrL0c0

You said you have Emby Premiere so how would it not match? You only have one Emby Premiere. Sign in with Emby Connect using that same email address.

Diffrent email adresses.

trusselo

My mother, her husband, and my sister all share 1 email for 4 iOS devices and it is the dumbest thing ever!  Wow so many personal security breaches.... 

I have no idea how any smart person would setup several different people's devices on the same IOS email account.

Just was about to have them install the Ios app...   6.99$ Canadian to unlock playback....????  with an in-app purchase??  feels like a douche move.

In-app purchases just feel wrong.

In-app purchases just feel wrong.

Both sides, users and developers, hate IAP's, but for right now it is the only means for developers to earn income. The market has rejected up-front paid apps in that users don't even browse that section of the stores anymore. For developers, up-front paid is no longer a viable way to survive.

MrL0c0

As i told in my first post i am paying for server.

but why whould i pay for every ios device?

you need to be more detailed when you are selling a feat/program/Service

so how can i play videos on my devices?

i have one emby account thats it 

the email i used to pay is diffrent,

legallink

This sounds like an authentication bug, as any device that logs into the server on the same LAN should be able to unlock the app even if different ios accounts and email addresses as far as I am aware. It has worked for me and my fam. You sure you are on the same lan as the server? You aren't say, on one lan for wifi and one wired LAN and have them segregated? Or have a setting in your router where you can't browse the network somehow? @@Luke Does the iOS app authenticate for Emby premier on the same port?

MrL0c0

This sounds like an authentication bug, as any device that logs into the server on the same LAN should be able to unlock the app even if different ios accounts and email addresses as far as I am aware. It has worked for me and my fam. You sure you are on the same lan as the server? You aren't say, on one lan for wifi and one wired LAN and have them segregated? Or have a setting in your router where you can't browse the network somehow? @@Luke Does the iOS app authenticate for Emby premier on the same port?

okey but what happends when im outside the lan!

external adress?

legallink

Once it is authenticated the first time and the app registers that you have emby premier, you can use the app whereever.

MrL0c0

Once it is authenticated the first time and the app registers that you have emby premier, you can use the app whereever.

okey so first config on the LAN

then on the outside?

right?

DanHouston

My father in-law was here a couple of months ago so I connected his iPad to my network and then to my Emby server. It worked remotely up until about a week ago. We are not near each other so I can't have him just bring his device by again. Is there more to it than that initial connection?

I have a premiere server and I thought that was all that was involved as long as the initial connection was done on my network?

My father in-law was here a couple of months ago so I connected his iPad to my network and then to my Emby server. It worked remotely up until about a week ago. We are not near each other so I can't have him just bring his device by again. Is there more to it than that initial connection?

I have a premiere server and I thought that was all that was involved as long as the initial connection was done on my network?

Hi, we are actively working on this and hope to have a resolution soon. Thanks.